The BioTherapeutics, Education and Research (BTER) Foundation produces training programs and workshops for health care providers in the Principles and Practice of Maggot Therapy.
Some of the workshops are held in Southern California, near the BTER Foundation’s National Headquarters. Programs are also presented in other regions of the country, often co-sponsored by other organizations, Universities, or hospitals.
These programs train attendees how, when, and why to use maggot debridement therapy effectively. The hands-on portion of the program allows participants to practice applying actual maggot dressings on mock patients.
Most programs provide continuing medical education credits and/or diplomas for successfully completing the course, which may run anywhere from 1 – 6 hours (depending on the needs of the co-sponsors).
Physicians, surgeons, podiatrists, nurses, physical therapists, and other primary care and wound care specialists. Non-health care professionals who wish to learn about maggot therapy are also welcome.
The next scheduled MDT Workshops are:
- March, 2010 in Irvine, CA; Tentative; date to be determined.
- May 21, 2010 in Fort Collins, Colorado
Sponsored by Poudre Valley Health System. Links for more information will be available in February.
- June, 2010 in Irvine, CA; Tentative; date to be determined.
- September 23-25, 2010 in Anaheim, CA
Free, 15-minute hands-on skill sessions in our exhibit booth at Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (SAWC) – Fall
- September 25, 2010 at 8:30 – 10:45 in Las Vegas
(produced in collaboration with Wound Care Education Institute
as part of the Wild on Wound Conference, 2010)
- October, 2010 in Los Angeles (date unconfirmed)
as part of the International Conference on Biotherapy – 2010.
Examples of Past MDT Workshops include:
- March 9, 2007, in Irvine, CA (Co-sponsored by University of California Riverside Extension).
- August, 2007, in Southern California (Co-sponsored by University of California Riverside Extension).
- April 21, 2006, on the UC campus in Riverside, CA.
- June 25, 2005, in Tucson, AZ
- January 29, 2005, in Costa Mesa, CA
Interested in sponsoring, supporting, or exhibiting at such an event, in your own area? Contact us, or download a brochure about the workshops.
For additional information about the workshops, contact the BTER Foundation.
For information about other courses, conferences, certification programs in BioTherapy, PRESS HERE