Publications in Support of Therapists
The BTER Foundation provides services for clinicians looking for information or assistance in caring for their patients. Some of our services are listed below. Other programs are still in development (that means, awaiting funding or support). Still others . . . well, perhaps we haven't thought of them yet. So let us know what services YOU would like to see, by contacting us directly.
Items marked with an asterisk (*) are available without charge to members. They may or may not be available to non-members for a small service charge.
- Therapist Referral List
- Our biotherapy referral lists contain contact information for maggot therapists, teachers, and advocates willing to assist patients. If you are a health care professional and would like to be added to this list, please contact us by e-mail, fax, or phone. Inclusion in this listing does not imply endorsement.
- Library Service & Reprints
- *Our Biotherapy library contains hundreds of related books, and thousands of published articles. Our multi-media collection (photos, drawings, videos) numbers over 1,200 items. For more information on the library and our upcoming on-line searching feature, click here.
- Video Interviews
- If you would like to watch interviews of patients who have benefited from biotherapeutic procedures and physicians who administer the treatments, click here.
- Instructional Videos
- If you would like to learn how to apply maggot therapy dressings click here. *Members will also soon be able to watch selected lectures from the 8th International Conference on Biotherapy.
- Conferences & Workshops
- Check here for the schedule of our conferences, workshops, and webinars.
- Financial & Billing Support for You and Your Patients
- The BTER Foundation's Patient Assistance Grants provide free or subsidized supplies for patients who cannot afford the costs of therapy. *If a patient’s insurance has refused to reimburse the procedure, we can also assist you with appeals. These patients may apply for our Patient Assistance Grants if their appeal is rejected.
- Research Support & Opportunities
- Research is a primary element of the BTER Foundation mission. For more information about current and past research by the BTER Foundation and its Board of Directors, check out this page.
- Ways for you to get involved - Help Us Help Others!
- "Support Us" - This page on the website lists some of the many ways that you can get involved with Biotherapy . . . from becoming a member to simply browsing the web through browsers which then donate some of their profits to support charities like the BTER Foundation.
- Contact us - Contact us if you can think of any other projects with which you would like to get involved.